- R150 per Team per Game
- Make Payment to: JSE Investment Challenge
- A/C Number: 002351064
- Reference: Your Team name
- Bank: Standard Bank, Braamfontein
- Branch: 00-48-05
- Type: Current
Who can participate
All university students are eligible, but they must be currently registered with the same institution and may form a participating team - irrespective of field of study. Each participating team may not be less than two members or more than four members at a time.
Speculator - High volatility
The starting portfolio will consist of: R1 000 000.00 in cash
No more than 20% of the portfolio may be held in any one share/financial instrument.
How to trade
To trade just follow these easy steps:
1. Click on "Log In" on the top left menu
2. Type in your username and password
3. Click on "Login"
4. On the left hand side of the screen click on "Trade/Quote"
5. Type in the share name or share code you would like to purchase or sell
6. Click on "Trade"
7. Type in the number of shares you would like to purchase or sell
8. Click on "Request to Purchase" or Request to Sell"
9. Click on "Confirm Trade"
10. To trade again click on "Trade/Quote"
Adjudication of Prizes
The Speculator Portfolio uses one measure:
The difference between the value of the portfolio at the end of the game and the value of the portfolio at the beginning of the game. The portfolio with the highest growth wins.
The name of the winning teams will be published in the following newspapers: The Star, Sowetan, Beeld and Cape Argus shown on the portfolio statements at the end of the competition and on the Challenge web-site.
- Prize money will be deposited into a Satrix Investment Plan account opened on behalf of the prize-winners.
- Any team or team member will only be eligible for one prize.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- First Place: Total prize per team – R25 000,00.
- Second Place: Total prize per team – R20 000,00.
- Third Place: Total prize per team – R15 000,00.
- Prize money will be deposited into a Satrix Investment account opened.
- Satrix securities are Exchange Traded Funds, listed on the JSE, and registered with the Financial Services Board as a Collective Investment Scheme. They provide perfect tracking, both capital and yield, of the main FTSE/JSE indices. Index tracking products, such as Satrix, provide the most effective and lowest cost option to gain exposure to the performance of the equity market as a whole.
There are five Satrix products:
- Satrix 40, which tracks the FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index
- Satrix Fini, which tracks the FTSE/JSE Financial 15 Index
- Satrix Indi, which tracks the FTSE/JSE Industrial 25 Index
- Satrix Resi which tracks the FTSE/JSE Resource 20 Index
- Satrix SWIX Top 40 which tracks FTSE/JSE Shareholder Weighted Top 40 Index
Prize winners must complete in full the normal application forms and fulfill Financial Intelligence Controls Act (FICA) obligations in terms of providing proof of identity and residence in order to have Satrix accounts opened in their name. Prize winners can choose which of the Satrix products they wish to be invested in, subject to minimum investment requirements for each product. For more information on Satrix, please visit the website www.satrix.co.za.
- Each team will be required to pay a registration fee of R150,00 per team per portfolio entered.